This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Linking thoughts to quotations

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Linking thoughts to quotations

Postby Susan » 2017-08-13 13:33

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.0-5.5, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

Is therea way of linking thoughts to quotations that may have sparked the thought. This would be useful for me.
Susan

Re: Linking thoughts to quotations

Postby jay-squared » 2017-08-13 19:31

This is an interesting issue. If you create a comment by clicking "Add comment to this item" in the knowledge item popout window, they will be linked. One can easily test that by running a macro:

Code: Select all
using System;
using System.Linq;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Windows.Forms;

using SwissAcademic.Citavi;
using SwissAcademic.Citavi.Metadata;
using SwissAcademic.Citavi.Shell;
using SwissAcademic.Collections;

// Implementation of macro editor is preliminary and experimental.
// The Citavi object model is subject to change in future version.

public static class CitaviMacro
{
   public static void Main()
   {
      List<KnowledgeItem> knowledgeItems =  Program.ActiveProjectShell.PrimaryMainForm.GetSelectedQuotations();

KnowledgeItem knowledgeItem = knowledgeItems[0];

MessageBox.Show(knowledgeItem.EntityLinks.FirstOrDefault().Target.ToString());
   }
}

However, there is no way to link thoughts to quotations, nor is there a way to link comments to quotations ex post, at least not via the GUI. I guess it could be done via a more complicated script or via an AddOn, but then the link would not be visible. My understanding is that adding this feature is on the roadmap, but it will be a while.

2017-08-13 19_22_07-Main Library_ Knowledge Organizer - Citavi.png
jay-squared
Citavi Expert

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)