This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Tables and Figures

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Tables and Figures

Postby Valentin » 2017-08-03 09:14

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.6, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2016, Acrobat DC ]

Hello Support Team,

I just don't get any further with my researches how to do this.
I got two questions:

Number 1: I have tables and figures from Excel that I created myself and want to include in my paper. The thing is that I want to insert them directly without making a screenshot or something. I still want to be able to edit them with the excel tools for this. How can I add the resource (which would be me), without having to insert the figure with citavi?

Number 2: As perviously mentioned I have figures and tables, which I want to list seperatly at the start of my paper. How can insert a table? Best would be if I can take the Excel table directly again...

I hope you can help me...

Kind regards,
Valentin
Valentin

Re: Tables and Figures

Postby Susanne Sitzler » 2017-08-03 15:07

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for your question. (Since you have entered a German mail address - we can also discuss this in German, if you prefer.)

1) You can insert the tables and figures from an Excel spreadsheet into your Word document as desired, see also this MS site.
  1. Then, you would have create a new reference within your Citavi projekt end enter the bibliographic information of your tables or figures.
  2. Now, right-click and select Caption from the context menu that appears and click OK, see also this MS help page.
  3. After that, place the cursor at the end of the caption. On the Citavi pane on the References tab, double-click the reference you want to insert.
2) You can use the Word function to insert a list of your figures or tables, see this MS site.

Best regards
Susanne

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Susanne Sitzler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Valentin » 2017-08-04 09:05

Hello Susanne,

Thank you for your fast response!
it is rtight that I'm from germany but as my paper, Citavi and Word are in english, it helps me better in this way.

It is know working as it should. If I have any further problems I will let you know...

thanks again and kind regards,
Valentin
Valentin

Postby Susanne Sitzler » 2017-08-04 14:37

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for your reply.

I'm glad to hear that I could help you.

Best regards
Susanne

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Susanne Sitzler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)