This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Knowledge Organizer: Options to Show Items in Subcategory

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Knowledge Organizer: Options to Show Items in Subcategory

Postby xizhang » 2017-06-29 13:38

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, -, - ]

Hello Citavi Team,

Currently when I click on a category node in the category column, Citavi 5 shows all the knowledge items /references that are assigned directly to that category; a knowledge item / reference that is assigned to one of its subcategories will not be shown in the filtered reference list. I was wondering if there is (or will be) an option in Citavi 5 that will allow me to see all the knowledge items / references attached to a category as well as its subcategories when I click on a category in the category column?

Thanks very much,
Xiubo
xizhang

Re: Knowledge Organizer: Options to Show Items in Subcategor

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-06-29 14:04

Hi, Xiubo,

you can do this by holding the Shift key and clicking the the category in question. All knowledge items from this category and its subcategories are shown.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Re: Knowledge Organizer: Options to Show Items in Subcategor

Postby jay-squared » 2017-07-09 14:13

Although somewhat confusingly, that does not work if you have already selected the category. Then you need to switch to another category first and then shift+click the category for which you want to include the subcategory.
jay-squared
Citavi Expert

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)