This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Word add in option _ edit in Citavi not working Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Word add in option _ edit in Citavi not working

Postby sakkthi » 2017-06-16 11:52

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2016, Acrobat DC ]

Hi
I have worked on my article with some 26 references and exported my knowledge items to word 2016.
I need to change the text of some knowledge items, so I selected the item and from Citavi pane it located correct reference. Now I clicked edit in citavi. Now Citavi not opens correct location of that knowledge items. It goes to the location where I have previously worked.
Any suggestions
sakkthi

Re: Word add in option _ edit in Citavi not working

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-06-16 13:40

Hi sakkthi

I'm not entirely sure if I understand the problem correctly. First of all, however, it's important to note, that there is no direct link between the text of a quotation in your Word document and the text of a quotation as stored in your Citavi project. That means that updating the text of a quotation in Citavi will not change the text of that quotation in your document and vice versa.

Could you please attach a screenshot from which we can see which knowledge item you'd like to edit in Word and which one is actually opening in Citavi? Thanks.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby sakkthi » 2017-06-17 03:57

First I have exported all the knowledge items to word 2016 by using Citavi pane.

When I click any content it opens citations tab showing respective reference.

While right clicking reference it shows 5 options, in which second option is edit in citavi.

Clicking edit in citavi, it is not opening corresponding location of the knowledge item location.
Attachments
citavi screen01.png
sakkthi

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-06-19 08:23

Hi,

could you please send us your Word document and your Citavi project (file extension ctv5, usually stored in C:\Users\[Your UserName]\Documents\Citavi 5\Projects\), so that we can check what's going wrong here?

To transfer the files, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the files to the issue, please put the address of this page in the message field.

Thank you!

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby sakkthi » 2017-06-22 06:52

Hi,

I have uploaded the Citavi project file using the specified link and added this topic address in the message field .

Thanks
sakkthi

Re: Word add in option _ edit in Citavi not working  Topic is solved

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-06-22 10:49

Hi, sakkthi,

thanks for the file. I fully understand the problem now, and the cause is a slightly misleading menu item.

The behaviour is by design. When right click the citation in the Citations tab and select Edit in Citavi the label in the menu should actually read Edit reference in Citavi as the grey citation field (and hence the list entry) links up with the reference in Citavi, not the individual knowledge item.

What you can do however, right click in the middle of your quote (the actual text, not the reference part) and select Citavi > Edit in Citavi here. This will lead you directly to the knowledge item.

Best regards
Sebastian

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)