This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Acronyms and repeated references

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Acronyms and repeated references

Postby Maf » 2017-05-31 13:16

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows XP, English, -, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

I am using Harvad citation style but am having problems with my final bibliography outlook. I used acronyms for some of my references e.g ERA which is electriy regulatory authority and in my document i can see (ERA 2010) which is ok however, i would like the bibliography to consist the full name of the acronym and this is not shown even though i initially included it in the reference tab. instead i just get ERA 2010 in the bibliography.

Secondly, i was working using more than 1 project. i was able to copy and move all references from different projects to one project but now the references appear as King 2010a, b or even King 2010aa, how can i sort this out.

Thankyou
Maf

Re: Acronyms and repeated references

Postby Jana Votteler » 2017-05-31 15:38

Dear Maf,

Thank you for your question.

You already entered the abbreviations of organizations in Citavi (Lists > Persons and organizations).
In a second step, please edit your citation style to use abbreviations for the organizations in your bibliography.

For every document, please edit the author component in the rule set bibliography.
Scroll down to "Format names of organizations like this" and choose the full name:

Continue to edit all other author or organization components in the rule set bibliography for this and all other relevant document types.

To solve your second problem, please reassign those references to the one reference King 2010 in your current project.

Kind regards
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)