This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Abbreviations of Organisations

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Abbreviations of Organisations

Postby Ela » 2017-05-30 12:22

Systeminformationen: [ Citavi Version 5.0-5.4, Windows 7, Englisch, Google Chrome, MS Office 2016, - ]

Dear Citavi Team,

I am using Citavi 5 and want to format into APA style.

Now, in the running text, I would like to have the first time the reference of an organisation the full name with an abbreviation. in all following references, I would like to have only the abbreviation.

How can I do this?

I have already added the organisation and abbreviation under "Lists" -> "Persons and Organisations", but it does only show the full name of the organization in the formatted document.

Thanks a lot!

Ela
Ela

Re: Abbreviations of Organisations

Postby Jana Votteler » 2017-05-30 13:11

Dear Ela,

thank you for your question!

In a second step, please edit your citation style to use abbreviations for the references in your text.

In the Unkown document type, please edit all author components, see this video (no sound).
Those which are used for repetitions, should be formatted to use the abbreviation, the others to use both: the abbreviation and the full name of the organization.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can do for you. I’m happy to help.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)