This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

advanced search question

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

advanced search question

Postby mnaah » 2017-05-05 17:37

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows 10, English, Firefox 43 or newer, MS Office 2016, - ]

Hi there,

I'm trying to run a search to find all references in a particular category and its subcategories that have not been used in my current document.

If all the references were in one category, I could run a series of filters (with some inversion along the way), but because I also want to include subcategories in the search, I can't find a way to use the filters.

So, I've got a search that finds all references in a particular categories including its subcategories:
Code: Select all
 rc: >= 2 AND rc: <3
What I want is to add another AND condition on the end, something like
Code: Select all
quoted: !

Does this exist? I couldn't find it in the documentation.

thanks,
Dan
mnaah

Re: advanced search question

Postby mnaah » 2017-05-05 17:44

ok - so I've now just worked out a work-around:
1. filter: By quoted references in the current document
2. filter: Invert selection
3. filter: By saved search: search name

Three clicks is better than not having the possibility at all. Still, I would love to know if there's any way of doing this all in one search.
mnaah

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-05-08 08:46

Hi,

it's even easier when you don't use the search. Press shift and click on the top-level category you want the selection for. This will select all references in this category and all the sub-categories. Select By quoted references in current document from the little filter symbol:

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
[size=85]
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby mnaah » 2017-05-08 19:51

Thanks Sebastian, I didn't realize that you could select all subcategories with shift. Perhaps it would be worth having all the relevant categories and subcategories highlighted to make this more obvious when this happens?

Also, although this is good to know about, it won't work for my request, because I'm looking for all references within a category (with subcategories) that aren't used. If I take the following steps:
1. shift-select the category
2. run the filter for quoted references
3. invert the results
then I'm left with all reference outside of the category I want that aren't used. If I run the filter first, then when I shift-select the category, it overrides the filter.
mnaah

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-05-09 15:55

Hi, mnaah,

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you need an inverted selection. There is currently not much I can offer you in terms of a solution. I'll file your feature request for our developers. I can't say, however, if or when we can implement such a selection.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
[size=85]
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)