This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Dataset Citation in Citavi Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Dataset Citation in Citavi

Postby RoBo » 2017-04-07 15:46

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hi,

First of all I have to thank for this great helpful software.

I compile my own charts and tables from different datasets; such as WorldBank Data (http://data.worldbank.org/) or EUstat, and use them in my dissertation and papers. How can I cite these data sets automatically in Citavi.
Before I started using Citavi, just aded 'adapted from ...' at the end of caption and mentioned the dataset address and name in references.

Thank you in advance.
RoBo

Re: Dataset Citation in Citavi  Topic is solved

Postby Jana Votteler » 2017-04-10 09:39

Hi RoBo,

thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, a reference type for datasets is not available in Citavi yet.

As the datasets are published online, I would recommend to use the reference type Report or Gray Literature.

There you can add the online address and the title of the dataset, as well as the "author" and the year.
This could look like this in the bibliography with the Citavi Default Style:

The World Bank (2016): Gender Statistics. Available online at http://data.worldbank.org/data-catalog/ ... statistics.

In your caption you could add "Adapted from The World Bank 2016".
Therefore, insert the citation without parantheses.

The style of the formatting depends on your guidelines you have for your dissertation and papers.

Kind regards
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Dataset Citation in Citavi

Postby RoBo » 2017-04-11 10:26

Many thanks Jana for your reply. :-)
RoBo

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)