This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Cloud

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Cloud

Postby alainsr » 2017-03-23 16:53

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hello. I am still using Citavi 4 and considering upgrading to 5, but I don't see any effort to implement any type of cloud functionality. Am I wrong?

This is already handled by other solutions and some of them are even cloud-based ones. I don't need, want or expect Citavi to create and maintain a Google Docs add-on, for example. But having simultaneous people working in one project without requiring them to be on the same local(!) network (which is also hard to setup!), or simply having access to one's database at any given time and place, shouldn't be that hard. If we look, all reference managers are databases, right? So if Mendeley and many others can manage to have an online-integrated approach, it's not impossible. Is it? I'm talking about all those file-locking issues that are the reason for Citavi not working neither with Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and similar services, nor with local solutions such as "shared NAS on a local network".

Sorry if I am being a bit harsh, but it's easy to get somewhat impatient on this side, because after some years of use we have thousands of hours of work berried in Citavi's structure, which we did having hope for future improvements, and there's no easy way out.

Could you please tell us if it's reasonable to expect this and within how much time?
alainsr

Re: Cloud

Postby Jana Votteler » 2017-03-24 08:41

Dear alainsr,

thank you for your questions.

We are currently working on an own cloud solution and a web version of Citavi.
You can already see our first step in this direction if you have a look at our license management in an online account.

While we understand that having a date can be helpful, we do not publish release dates for upcoming products. We’re working hard to finish it, and we think you’ll find the wait worthwhile.

If you are working on a team, we already offer a server solution. You can find information on the required hardware here.

Of course, you can always export your references.

Kind regards
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)