This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Periodical covers

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Periodical covers

Postby Marcin.Krygier » 2017-02-14 13:48

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.4, Windows 7, Other language, Firefox 43 or newer, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, Acrobat 9 ]

I have a huge collection of journal papers I'm trying to arrange into various projects. I have imported them into Citavi, but entries for many need to be formatted manually. Now, I am a bit OCD which means I need every paper to be assigned its journal cover art. Is there a way to assign the cover art to the journal entry in the periodicals list, so that when I define an article as appearing in a specific journal, its cover art will be added automatically? What I have in mind is a procedure similar to what happens when you add a contribution to an edited book that already has a cover art assigned.
Marcin.Krygier

Re: Periodical covers

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-02-14 16:25

Hi,

unfortunately I see no automatic way of doing this, as I don't know of any source that provides cover art for journals if queried with a DOI or ISSN. Do you have image files of the covers?

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby Marcin.Krygier » 2017-02-15 11:32

It would be enough if you could tie the cover art with the periodical entry in the periodical list in Citavi - one for the wish list perhaps?
Marcin.Krygier

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-02-15 16:22

Hi,

the cover images are stored for each reference individually, not for periodicals. Changing that would mean substantial changes to the database structure. I'm happy to add the wish to our internal wishlist, but with many other more pressing features being developed, the chances of this function becoming reality in the foreseeable future are rather slim.

Best regards
Sebastian

Wurde Ihre Frage vollständig beantwortet? Bitte klicken Sie auf das grüne Häkchen (= Antwort akzeptieren) oben rechts in meiner Antwort. Andere Forenbenutzer können sich dann leichter orientieren, wenn sie auf der Suche nach einer Lösung sind.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)