This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Licensing Question Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Licensing Question

Postby rkaplan » 2016-12-15 04:28

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.4, Windows 8.x, English, -, -, - ]

Congrats on a very well-done piece of software.

I have been testing Citavi5's features and will shortly begin using it for a large writing project.

Since I will need to use the full-text search feature, I have installed the DBServer version of Citavi on a virtual server. It works well - but of course I need to license it to be able to store more than 100 citations per project.

So here is the question - I am using Citavi on my Windows desktop in order to make a connection to Citavi DBServer which stores my database of citations. If all of my large projects (over 100 citations) will be stored on the DBServer, do I need to purchase a license for the DBServer, for my desktop, or both?
rkaplan

Re: Licensing Question

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-12-15 14:23

Hi, rkaplan,

the license model for Citavi for DBServer is user based, i.e. you'll need a license for every user working with the database at a given point in time. There are two types of server licenses:

A per-seat license means that the system administrator determines on the server which team members can use a license. The license can be withdrawn from a team member at any time and re-assigned to another person.

A concurrent license allows multiple users to use a single license, but only one person can use the license at a time. This means that the number of licenses is smaller than the number of potential users. The administration of such licenses is easier than for per-seat licenses. A concurrent license is considered "in use" when the user starts Citavi. Opening a Word document that contains Citavi fields does not constitute use of a license.

We'll be happy to send you time limited evaluation licenses that lift the 100 reference restriction. Please contact us through our support portal.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Enter License Key

Postby ghanbari.l » 2017-01-29 14:50

Dear Citavi member,

A friend of mine who is student in essen duisburg uni, has got some broblems with Citavi. Recently she has got a new License key for Citavi 5 but she is not able to enter this License key in Citavi. Could you please let us know how to solve this problem.

With many thanks and

Regards
Leila
ghanbari.l

Postby Jana Votteler » 2017-01-30 09:58

Dear Leila,

Thank you for your question!

As your friend does have a license key, please ask her to contact our support team.

Please also check our suggestions in our FAQs.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby ghanbari.l » 2017-01-30 15:43

Dear Jana,

Thank you so much for your kind answer.
My friend has already checked suggestions in our FAQs. but the problem still exists.
She cannot also login in this page to contact support team.
I will contact them on behalf of her.

Thanks and regrads
Leila
ghanbari.l

Re: Licensing Question  Topic is solved

Postby Jana Votteler » 2017-01-30 16:17

Dear Leila,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Please ask your friend to create a new ticket.
Therefore, she does not have to login.

Of course, you can also contact our support for her.

Kind regards,
Jana

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby ghanbari.l » 2017-02-01 11:24

Dear Jana,

Thank you so much for your kind email. It was very helpful.

Have a nice day

Leila
ghanbari.l

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)