This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Amount of quotations/knowledge items for all reference

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Amount of quotations/knowledge items for all reference

Postby carloscadu » 2016-09-05 03:32

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.2, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hi,

I'm trying to access any type of overview of quotations/knowledge items considering all references. For instance, it would show there are 4 knowledge items in reference A, 10 knowledge items in reference B, 0 items in reference C, etc. Is it possible in Citavi?

I realized if you select a reference, there is the tab "Quotations/Comments", but even I access this tab, there isn't the amount (number) of "Quotations/Comments" for that reference.

I also looked for a column (e.g. "Knowledge" items) in the table view, but I couldn't find that.

I tried to sort the references in the left panel by the amount of "Knowledge" items too, in order to see the references with more reviewed/highlighted items, but it seems this item isn't available.

Thanks for info,
Carlos
carloscadu

Re: Amount of quotations/knowledge items for all reference

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-09-05 11:56

Hi Carlos,

you can find out how many quotations are saved for a reference in the overview tab.
Therefore, click "Customize overview" and add "Quotations" to the overview.

You can also create an annotated project bibliography to get an overview of all your references and their quotations.
Please select e.g. "Formatted reference" and "Quotations" to include in the bibliography.

Please just let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby carloscadu » 2016-09-12 02:42

Hi Jana,

Thanks for info!

I'm still looking in Citavi for any way to list the numerical amount of quotations/knowledge items for all reference.

I recorded my screen showing what I mean: https://goo.gl/7K2FDT

a) Is there other tool than "annotated project bibliography" that provide amount of quotations/knowledge items per reference inside Citavi (no need to launch Word, as it is the case of "annotated project bibliography")?

b) In the same screen-recording I comment a workaround I found. I created a saved search with criteria:
search field: knowledge items
for: *
This way I could use the filter "by saved search" and at least find the references with "any" knowledge item and the ones with no items. But I'm still missing to sort by the amount of items per reference.
Is there any way to sort the references this way?

c) Do you see any way to improve the filter I'm using, or even other variations of this kind of filter that would provide better accuracy to handle the amount of quotations/knowledge items per reference?

Thanks for assistance,
Carlos
carloscadu

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-09-12 14:19

Hi, Carlos,

thank you for your message. Citavi indeed doesn't provide this piece of information easily. I sent you a macro to your email address that lists for each reference the number of knowledge items sorted by category of the reference. You can select the output of the macro, copy and paste it to Excel and format it there by using the text to columns feature on the Data ribbon. This should give you an idea of the distribution of knowledge items across your references.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)