This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi crash / CultureNotFoundException

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citavi crash / CultureNotFoundException

Postby jokuba » 2016-07-19 19:45

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.2, Windows 7, German, -, -, - ]

Hello.
I installed the latest version of Civavi. I can start it, so the project dialog comes up.
But when I try to create a project it crashes.

Here's the output:

Please describe what you were doing in Citavi when the error occurred: -------------------------------------------------- Internal error message for the Citavi support team: System.Globalization.CultureNotFoundException: Culture is not supported. Parameter name: culture 0 (0x0000) is an invalid culture identifier. at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InitializeFromCultureId(Int32 culture, Boolean useUserOverride) at System.Globalization.CultureInfo..ctor(Int32 culture, Boolean useUserOverride) at System.Windows.Forms.InputLanguage.get_Culture() at SwissAcademic.Citavi.Settings.ProofingToolsSettings.get_DefaultSpellCheckCulture() at SwissAcademic.Citavi.Shell.MainForm.Initialize() at SwissAcademic.Citavi.Shell.MainForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl() at SwissAcademic.Controls.FormBase.OnCreateControl() at SwissAcademic.Citavi.Shell.MainForm
jokuba

Re: Citavi crash / CultureNotFoundException

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-07-20 07:23

Hi, jokuba,

Please take the following steps:

1) Repair the .NET Framework installation
Use the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Knowledge Base at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=30135

2) Run the Windows System File Checker
On the "Start" menu, type "cmd.exe". Right-click the only search result (cmd.exe) and then click "Run as administrator".
Type sfc.exe /scannow and press "Enter". The System File Checker will run, which may take a while.
Afterwards, check for Windows Updates and install any necessary updates.
See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ws-updates (for Windows 7) or
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... update-faq (for Windows 8 and 8.1)
Restart your computer.

Can you open a project now?

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby jokuba » 2016-07-21 14:45

Hello Sebastian

Thanks for your quick reply! I should have mentioned that I am trying to run Citavi emulated via WINE 1.9.14.
I assume that you cannot support specific problems with that but I was hoping you might be able to give a tip what could cause the problem. ... You referring to a broken .NET installation - I used a fresh setup and .NET installed properly. Any idea how to get it running?

Regards
jokuba
jokuba

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-07-21 14:53

Hi, jokuba,

when I checked last (a couple of months ago) there was no way of getting Wine to run Citavi 5 in any feasible way. With a lot of tweaking I finally convinced it to start, but errors crept up everywhere when using even basic functions. The last version known to run under Wine is Citavi 3.

We can't officially support the Wine platform as too many things are missing compared to a "real" Windows (even on a virtual machine).

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)