This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi Macro

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citavi Macro

Postby aalgarni2014 » 2016-07-16 23:15

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows 7, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 32Bit, Acrobat DC ]

Greetings,
I am looking for a manual for the Citavi Macro in C#?
Please, send me a link or any downloadable materials.

thx.
aalgarni2014

Re: Citavi Macro

Postby aalgarni2014 » 2016-07-16 23:57

Thx.

another question if you can help, I appreciate it.

how to modify Citavi native window to show up more information. Like, if I want to show the ISSN or any other additional attribute of a journal article in the main reference tab along other fields. ? see attach.

thank you again.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
aalgarni2014

Postby Bebbi » 2016-07-17 00:11

Hi,

click on "More Fields ..." and enable the checkbox before the field that you want to see on the Reference Tab.

Regards

Bebbi
Bebbi
Citavi Expert

Postby aalgarni2014 » 2016-07-17 01:12

already did that for customized fields. however, there are fields for periodicals (journal articles) that are not among the choices ! here is why I am trying to see if Macro can help modify that.

For example, "ISSN" of the periodicals are not shown in the Reference tabs, you can view that either through Table(Ctrl+Alt+T) or through List>Periodicals ...and that is just viewing without editing
aalgarni2014

Postby Bebbi » 2016-07-17 01:25

I never heard, that's possible to modify the program surface for customers with macros. But I don't know everythink.
Bebbi
Citavi Expert

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-07-18 15:36

Hi Aalgarni2014

Unfortunately, there is no official documentation for Citavi's macro feature. The IntelliSense autocomplete feature in the macro editor alongside the description of the different fields and the macros found in our FAQ (it's in German, but most of the code has comments in English) may serve as a first point of reference.

There is no way of modifying Citavi's GUI through macros. This may be done by AddOns (again, only German introduction available). However, even AddOns can't (at least without breaking compatibility) change Citavi's database structure.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby Bebbi » 2016-07-18 17:07

Hallo Herr Pabel,

fehlen nicht Gruppe etc. als Felder in den Übersichten wie http://www.citavi.com/sub/manual5/de/un ... _type.html

Grüße

Bebbi
Bebbi
Citavi Expert

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-07-19 12:06

Hi,

Bebbi rightly says that Groups, Categories and Keywords (which in fact are the internal names of these data structures) are missing from these lists. This is due to the fact that these pieces of information are stored in different tables in the database and are not part of the individual reference. We'll update the lists in due course.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby Bebbi » 2016-07-19 12:23

Sebastian Pabel wrote:We'll update the lists in due course.

Thank you!
Bebbi
Citavi Expert

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)