This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Korean font name appears in front of formattable text Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Korean font name appears in front of formattable text

Postby skyblueink » 2016-07-13 19:53

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.2, Windows 10, Other language, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, - ]

Hi.

I recently upgraded, and found that a problem which existed in Citavi 4.x still remains in 5.3.1.
I'm using Citavi on Korean Windows 10 system.

When I select a Korean font in 'tools>options>formatting>default text style for formattable text fields' the name of the font shows up (of course, in Korean) at the beginning of formattable fields such as abstract in the reference overview, and in front of 'Footnote x' in format publication preview. But selecting fonts other than Korean, such as Times New Roman, doesn't make such problems.

I attached the example citavi database 'test' and 'test.rtf' used in format publication.

citavi_overview.png
reference overview

citavi_format publication.png
format publication
Attachments
test.zip
citavi database file
(35.92 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
skyblueink

Re: Korean font name appears in front of formattable text  Topic is solved

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-07-14 12:43

Hi skyblueink,

Thanks for checking back in with us about this problem! The bug ticket from Citavi 4 is still active. A colleague and I were able to reproduce the issue today in Citavi 5 in a virtual machine running the Korean version of Windows. Our developer took a look, and the problem unfortunately occurs in the third-party component that Citavi uses to generate RTF in text fields. On a Korean-language system, the component generates RTF code in a faulty way. This causes the code on the Overview tab and in the Format publication preview to interpret the font name as text. As the problem is a display problem only (i.e. it does not affect any data you've entered in Citavi) and since it is difficult (and likely impossible) to fix on our side, the bug has unfortunately been deferred indefinitely.

There is a workaround, however. If you choose a Korean font with an English name rather than a Korean name, the error should not occur.

Please just let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Korean font name appears in front of formattable text

Postby skyblueink » 2016-07-14 20:29

Hi Jennifer,

There is a workaround, however. If you choose a Korean font with an English name rather than a Korean name, the error should not occur.

That's a great tip!
Thank you.
skyblueink

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)