This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How to mannually update references

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

How to mannually update references

Postby lixiufengie » 2016-06-28 03:09

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.2, Windows 10, English, -, -, - ]

hi, I wanna know how to mannually update the fields of a reference if I correct some information just like Endnote do. thks
lixiufengie

Re: How to mannually update references

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-06-28 10:39

Hi lixiufengie

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you have a DOI or ISBN for your reference, you can input it in the respective field and click on the field name. Citavi will then update the bibliographic information for that reference accordingly.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby lixiufengie » 2016-06-29 07:42

Thank you, I've tried and it worked. However, what I wanted to do was automatically filling out all the fields if we got only the paper title. Now, as you said, I must should find the DOI or Pubmed ID, which is pretty nice.
lixiufengie

Postby lixiufengie » 2016-06-29 07:51

Oh, one more question. I find that the results downloaded by Citavi are incomplete, such as the missing abstract field, if we provide only the DOI. It will not happen if we provide the Pubmed ID instead. Is it a bug?
lixiufengie

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-06-29 10:19

Hi lixiufingie,

Thank you for your swift replies.

Yes, you need to enter the DOI or PubMed ID to update your reference details.
Only a title is not enough to match the corresponding article, book, etc.

Citavi can only import information which is provided by the databases you selected.
Please select the databases you prefer for downloading bibliographic information via identifier.

Please just let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)