This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Section numbers error

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Section numbers error

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2016-06-25 22:58

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Dear Citavi Team,

I was working on a regulation with sections instead of page numbers. I noticed that second number is always deleted if its the same as the first one.
Example:
Instead of sections 13-11, 13-12, 13-13, 13-14 one section with repeated number is automatically shortened: 13-11, 13-12, 13, 13-14

Best regards,
Piotr
piotrsmolnicki

Re: Section numbers error

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-06-27 14:33

Hi Piotr

If you are using pages as your numbering system the sequences are indeed interpreted as page ranges by Citavi, i.e. a start and an end page. This makes no sense once the start and end page are identical so Citavi removes the end page. Please make sure to use the page type Other if you want to retain the section numbers in full.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2016-07-03 15:20

Dear Sebastian,

Did you try it with Sections? I did not use Pages (as far as I remember - it is obvious for me).

BTW. In Pages "13-11" also does not make sense. The subsections starts from "1", e.g. 13-1, 13-2 etc.

Sincerely,
Piotr
piotrsmolnicki

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-07-04 15:28

Hi Piotr

Sections work in the same way as pages so that it's possible to quote section ranges (so 12-14 means sections twelve through fourteen, not section 12 subsection 14). If you do not want this behaviour, you'll need to change the Numeral system from Arabic numerals to Default (as entered).

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)