This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Subject matter taxonomy and thesaurus

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Subject matter taxonomy and thesaurus

Postby technopsis » 2016-06-25 00:33

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows 8.x, English, Firefox 43 or newer, MS Office 2016, Acrobat XI ]

Hi...

I'm wondering if any users may have tried employing the combination of:
- Categories
- Groups
- Keywords
to build a taxonomy or thesaurus of project topics that are of medium complexity that doesn't warrant a specialized ontology tool, which would not manage reference content and citations; yet could leverage various facets of topics and references classification for sake of correlations and navigation-enabled info structures.

Thanks & regards,
Khaled Aly
technopsis

Re: Subject matter taxonomy and thesaurus

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-06-27 14:19

Hi Khaled

I'm not entirely sure about what you'd like to achieve. Given that a taxonomy is by definition a hierarchical structure, I'd guess that Citavi's categories are better suited for this than keywords or groups, which are not. With Citavi's powerful search it should be easy retrieving the information you're looking for.

I'm happy to help in more detail, if you explain exactly what you'd like to do.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)