This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Cannot open Cit5 project

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Cannot open Cit5 project

Postby dlmattson » 2016-06-10 05:02

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2016, - ]

When I try to open a couple of projects that I last worked on last year, I get the error message:

This project was created with an earlier version of Citavi, etc. and
Your Citavi license limits your access to this project, etc.

I used Windows Explorer to clear the Read Only check boxes from both project folders, but I still get the same error messages when I try to open the files. These projects both have .ctv5 extensions. Please advise.
dlmattson

Re: Cannot open Cit5 project

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-06-10 09:24

Hello, dlmattson

did you enter your license data in Citavi 5? You can verify this if you click License on the Welcome Screen. It should say "You are using Citavi for Windows" if the data is entered correctly, otherwise "You are using Citavi Free". If you can't find the license data, please let us know.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)