This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

using the word add-in for non-standard footnote formating

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

using the word add-in for non-standard footnote formating

Postby mnaah » 2016-06-08 23:12

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hi there,

I am at an institution where the style guide says there should be no space between the footnote number and the start of the citation. The only way I can make this happen in Word is to make a macro that overides the InsertFootnote command.

However, with the citavi add-on, I'm assuming that the InsertFootnote command is already overidden by citavi. Does this mean that the best I can do is run a macro when I have completely finished my paper to take out all the spaces between footnote number and the start of the citation in one sweep?

Basically, I would love to have the space removed as part of the insertion - the less things I have to remember to do manually, the better!

thanks
mnaah

Re: using the word add-in for non-standard footnote formatin

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-06-09 15:08

Hi mnaah,

Thanks for your question! Citavi doesn't have anything to do with the Word spacing settings for footnotes, unfortunately. The good news is that running the macro shouldn't effect anything in your Citavi footnotes other than the spacing.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)