This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Quotations are inserted in reversed form in Word

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Quotations are inserted in reversed form in Word

Postby ghanbari.l » 2016-05-30 14:55

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.0-5.1, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, - ]

Hi,

When I insert quotations from citavi to word, in some cases they are inserted in the reversed form.

The following example makes the problem clear:

Systemic Functional Linguistics (as seen on Citavi)
scitsiugniL lanoitcnuF cimetsyS (as inserted on word)

Would you please help me to find a solution.

With many Thanks
Leila
ghanbari.l

Re: Quotations are inserted in reversed form in Word

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-05-31 08:36

Dear Leila,

Many thanks for your question! Are the quotations you are inserting by any chance in a language that is written from right-to-left? If so, this is unfortunately a known issue that is currently on hold as it is quite technically complex and our developers priority at the moment is the upcoming web version.

Unfortunately, the problem also occurs when adding quotations with the Picker. One user has shared a tip for changing the direction here.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby ghanbari.l » 2016-06-01 10:25

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your kind reply. I really enjoy working with Citavi and would like to thank you for this software which makes research pleasurable.

The language of all my quotations is English. I don't know why some of them are inserted in reversed form.

I found also a solution. I have copied the texts, having this problem, from citavi and pasted them in notpad and then again copied them from notepad and pasted in citavi. But it takes a lot of time.

If I would be able to recognize which kind of quotations have this problem, I can prevent it from now on. But unfortunately it will probably be repeated with new quotations!

Best regards
Leila
ghanbari.l

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-06-01 11:41

Dear Leila,

Thanks for your reply and for your kind words! Up until now, we've only heard of this problem occurring with right-to-left languages. Could you by any chance create a test project for us containing a few of the problematic quotations? That should help us find the source of the issue.

To transfer the files, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the files to the issue, please put the address of this page in the message field.

May I also ask which default language is set in Word and in Windows on your computer? These settings could also affect the text direction.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby ghanbari.l » 2016-06-05 13:35

Dear Jeniffer,

I created a test project and exported the references including the problematic quotations from my main Citavi into this test project. But with test project, there in no problem inserting the quotations to word!!!!

I have transfered the related files through ''secure upload service''.

With many thanks
Leila
ghanbari.l

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-06-06 13:26

Dear Leila,

Thanks for sending the files! I also wasn't able to reproduce the problem using the test project, but your one screenshot shows a language setting in Word that might be causing the problem.

Please try the following:
  1. Select all the text in your document by pressing Ctrl+A
  2. On the Review ribbon, click Language and then click Set proofing language.
  3. Select either English (United States) or Deutsch (Deutschland).

Does that fix the issue?

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)