This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Search Folder, not entire library Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Search Folder, not entire library

Postby DianaOuellette » 2016-05-20 16:21

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.0-5.1, Windows 8.x, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, Acrobat X ]

Hello,
I would like to be able to search just the contents of a specific folder, which doesn't seem feasible. When I use the Search function from the program's toolbar, it searches the entire library, even if I've highlighted a specific folder. If I highlight a folder and then search via the Reference toolbar, it searches only that folder but then I can't designate these as a selection and work with these as a group (only in the search results that appear from these toolbar -- but there's no way to save them).

1. Is it possible to search a folder and save the results as a particular outcome?
2. If not, can you please add "Search all folders" and "Search this folder" + "Search this folder plus its subfolders" to the wishlist?

Thank you,
Diana
DianaOuellette

Re: Search Folder, not entire library  Topic is solved

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-05-23 10:16

Dear Diana

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "folders", I presume that you would like to search certain categories. This is already possible. In an Advanced search you can specify the categories in question as shown in the following screenshot (here all subcategories in Category number two are searched for references that have the string "litera" in their title):

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)