This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Persian quotes not pasted correctly

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Persian quotes not pasted correctly

Postby deskgroup » 2016-05-20 10:21

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.0-5.1, Windows 8.x, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 32Bit, Acrobat XI ]

When I copy Persian text from Chrome, it is pasted in Citavi in the reversed form. Let me give an English example:

This is an English Example (as seen on chrome)
Example English an is This (as pasted on Citavi)
deskgroup

Re: Persian quotes not pasted correctly

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-05-20 15:44

Hi deskgroup,

Thanks for your post! Unfortunately, this is a known issue in Citavi that is currently on hold until sometime after Citavi Web is released. We hope to improve right-to-left language support at some point in the future, but as it's a complex issue, it very likely won't be anytime soon.

Sorry for the disappointing news!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby deskgroup » 2016-05-22 19:04

For other people who may be reading this, you can always copy your content to word, correct the direction, and paste it into Citavi. It does take significantly longer if you have a lot of content, but it's better than nothing. Thanks to Citavi for their excellent software though.
deskgroup

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-05-23 09:07

Hi deskgroup,

Thanks for your kind words and thank you very much as well for sharing this tip!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby ghanbari.l » 2016-06-01 10:51

Hi everybody,

It is wierd! I am also a persian language user. But I have no persian quotes, and have the same problem with my english quotes. More interestingly, today I noticed that all my problematic english quoets belongs to the english articles written by Persian writers!
ghanbari.l

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-06-01 13:41

Hi,

this strange behaviour is most likely caused by the difference in the direction of the system's default scripts. There seem to be leftovers of RTL (right-to-left) even for English when using a Persian system. Unfortunately the handling of RTL scripts is not fully working in Citavi at the moment which causes these strange effects. I can't make any promises as to when we'll be able to fix these issues since the whole thing affects a multitude of features in Citavi.

Best regards
Sebastian

Wurde Ihre Frage vollständig beantwortet? Bitte klicken Sie auf das grüne Häkchen (= Antwort akzeptieren) oben rechts in meiner Antwort. Andere Forenbenutzer können sich dann leichter orientieren, wenn sie auf der Suche nach einer Lösung sind.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)