This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How to enter a reference in "link to" and "link from" fields

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

How to enter a reference in "link to" and "link from" fields

Postby Dugucan » 2016-05-17 17:29

System information: [ -, Windows 7, English, -, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

Dear team:
I use the Citavi not long ago, and now I have liked this software. It has many useful features, and two of them are "link to" and "link from", which can link different references interactively. But now I don't know how to use this feature conveniently. The information in the "link" box can only be selected from the shown list, and can not be enterd some words and then list the related references to be choosed. This is very bad especially for chinese article. It will be very well If I can drag the reference to the enter box directly.
At last, I wish you understand my weak English. Thank you!
Dugucan

Re: How to enter a reference in "link to" and "link from" fi

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-05-18 09:34

Dear Dugucan,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
In the drill-down menu of the field "Link to" and "Link from", you should be able to search for the first letters of the author (or title if there is no author). Does this not work in Chinese?

But I agree that it would be much easier to just drag and drop the title you want to link to into the box.
I added your suggestion to our internal wish list for new features (no. 19283).
Since our main focus right now is on Citavi Web, I unfortunately can't promise when or if the feature will be added.

Best regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)