This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Print 'Compilation' of Quotations/Comments for 1 Reference

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Print 'Compilation' of Quotations/Comments for 1 Reference

Postby trishweber22 » 2016-05-06 02:20

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.2, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2010 64Bit, Acrobat DC ]

Hello,

I am trying to print all the items listed under the Quotations/Comments tab for a specific reference. Is this possible? I can't seem to find a print option for knowledge items grouped by reference. My only thought was to go back and create a 'group' that represents the reference and then run a compilation on that article's 'group.' Is there another way to print knowledge items for a specific reference?

Thank you!
Trish
trishweber22

Re: Print 'Compilation' of Quotations/Comments for 1 Referen

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-05-06 12:53

Dear Trish,

Thanks for your question! To do this, first create a selection for the one reference you want to use. Then, click File > Print or save project bibliography > Save annotated. Make sure only Quotations is selected and then click OK. If you want citation information as well, select Quotations and Formatted reference and then click OK.

Please just let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby trishweber22 » 2016-05-06 13:35

Jennifer,

Thank you for such a quick reply! Your solution worked wonderfully! I do have another, unrelated question.

Recently a feature to expand the PDF preview appeared and then disappeared--a difference between two versions, I think. There was a small 'squarish' icon above the top right corner of the PDF preview pane that when clicked expanded the PDF in a full screen view. The preview appeared to be a function inside Citavi (not Acrobat) and had highlighting in different colors for quotations, summaries, etc. Last night I updated to 5.3.1.0 and the function disappeared! I really appreciated the function, did it move? Is there a way to get it back?

Thanks!
Trish
trishweber22

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-05-06 14:01

Dear Trish,

Glad I could help! The feature you're describing is the full screen mode. It's still accessible by pressing F11, but we removed the button since so many users were experiencing crashes. You can read more here.

If you want to continue working with the full screen mode but have experienced crashes, we can send you a setup for a 64-bit version of Citavi, as long as you're working with a 64-bit version of Windows. The 64-bit version can access more memory, which helps prevent these crashes from occurring. Please just send a short message to service@citavi.com if you are interested in this version, as it is not yet officially available.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby trishweber22 » 2016-05-09 00:13

Jennifer,
Thank you! The F11 workaround solved my issue for now and I'll wait patiently for another update. I am running a 64-bit machine, but since I haven't had any issues with Citavi crashing I hold off on the beta version for now.

Thanks again!

Trish
trishweber22

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-05-09 08:19

Dear Trish,

Thanks for your reply! We always post notifications for new beta versions and updates in News panel of the Citavi welcome screen. If you do change your mind and want to switch to the 64-bit version, please just let us know!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)