This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Searching for words in references

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Searching for words in references

Postby Ayli » 2016-04-06 11:46

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.2, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hi I just bought Citavi,

I just tried to search for all references containing the word 'leader' (in the main body of text) in one of the categories. I don't seem to be able to do this. Can you help please.

Thank you
Ayli

Re: Searching for words in references

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-04-06 14:18

Dear Ayli

Thank you for your question!

If you want to search for keywords in attached PDF files, this is only possible with our latest beta version.

In the advanced search please use the search field "Full text".

Please just let us know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2016-07-06 11:30

1. Is need the license "Citavi for DBServer" to work with SQL EXPRESS, or it can be simple personal?
2. Can I upgrade to the license "Citavi for DBServer" or need to buy a new one?
DrAlex

Postby Hans Siem Schweiger » 2016-07-06 12:18

Dear DrAlex,

Citavi for DBServer only works with a Microsoft SQL database server. That can be a free Express server. Please see also our manual.

If you have bought an Academic or a Business license for Citavi for Windows you can upgrade to Citavi for DBServer with a discount. You also can add licenses for Citavi for DBServer at any time.

If you have any other questions about Citavi or the licenses, please just let me know, and I will be happy to help!

Kind regards,
Hans
Hans Siem Schweiger
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2016-07-06 12:57

Hans Siem Schweiger wrote:If you have bought an Academic or a Business license for Citavi for Windows

I have personal license, and I need a fast "full text search" for my big library. But the price of the license for SQL is very expensive - are there other proposals for personal users?
DrAlex

Postby Hans Siem Schweiger » 2016-07-06 13:58

Dear DrAlex,

At the current state you would have to run a local SQL Server Express (free) and would need a license for Citavi for DBServer. Please contact us at www.citavi.com/ticket to discuss any upgrade possibilities. Thanks!

Kind regards,
Hans
Hans Siem Schweiger
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)