This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Automatically fill the access date

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Automatically fill the access date

Postby shenri » 2016-03-20 17:50

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Dear Citavi Team,

What about put one automatically filling option to access date? Could be based in the file time-stamp or in the exact moment that you insert the citation. I believe that the exception occurs when you are cataloging an old library. Or, maybe, just one click to in the date form to fill with current time.

All the best,
shenri

Re: Automatically fill the access date

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-03-21 11:34

Dear shenri

Thank you very much for your suggestion.
When you are adding Internet Documents to Citavi, the date accessed will automaticall be saved in the field "Access date" in the Reference tab.

The creation date of other reference types is saved in the field "Created by".
For this information to be displayed, please click "More fields..." on the Reference tab.
Tick the boxes of the fields that you would like to add to the reference tab and the option "Show all non-empty fields on the Reference tab automatically".

Best regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby shenri » 2016-04-02 04:04

Dear Jana,

Thank you very much for your reply. I should be more precise, my fault. When we create one "internet document" manually, my suggestion is to CITAVI automatically fill the Access date with the current date and time of the system. Does not matter so much, but removes extra work when we have to create a lot of this kind of document.

Thank you very much again a thank you for your "extra field" suggestion.
All the best,
Sylvio
shenri

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-04-04 09:43

Dear Sylvio,

thank you for your quick reply.

You can add the date by right-clicking in the field.

However, what about adding Internet Documents with the Citavi Picker? Then, the access date will be entered automatically.

Alternatively, we offer a macro with which you can check all URLs in your project for availability and the current access date will be filled in.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)