This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Waste of computer cycles and PDF Full Screen Crash Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Waste of computer cycles and PDF Full Screen Crash

Postby shenri » 2016-03-20 17:46

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hallo Citavi Team,

First item:
Every time that we select one document, the preview automatically open it, which is fabulous. However, I can notice that some lag occur even when the preview tab is closed. I noticed also that even when this tab is closed, the computes still loading the document. Is there any reason to that? Could be better to not waste computer cycles and implement one single logic rule: if preview tab is closed >> then do not load the file in preview.

Second item:
When we open the preview in full screen and select another document in the list, Citavi crashes. Sometimes in some documents Citavi crashes just opening in full screen.

Version: 5.2.1
Thank you very much for your wonderful software. I am a huge fan! :D
All the best,
shenri

Re: Waste of computer cycles and PDF Full Screen Crash

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2016-03-20 23:08

shenri wrote:System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]First item:
Every time that we select one document, the preview automatically open it, which is fabulous. However, I can notice that some lag occur even when the preview tab is closed. I noticed also that even when this tab is closed, the computes still loading the document. Is there any reason to that? Could be better to not waste computer cycles and implement one single logic rule: if preview tab is closed >> then do not load the file in preview.

Second item:
When we open the preview in full screen and select another document in the list, Citavi crashes. Sometimes in some documents Citavi crashes just opening in full screen.

Version: 5.2.1
Thank you very much for your wonderful software. I am a huge fan! :D
All the best,

I strongly agree with everything mentioned (including me as a fan also)! ;)
According to the fist item - sometimes the video (e.g. conference posted on YouTube) starts to play when preview window is closed. It could be very funny situation when you don't know where is this voice coming from (expecting Citavi the last possible app for doing that)... :D

Regards,
Piotr
piotrsmolnicki

Re: Waste of computer cycles and PDF Full Screen Crash  Topic is solved

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-03-29 15:16

Hi shenri, hi Piotr,

I've talked to our chief developer regarding the automatic preview. There are three states for attachments which determine the preview behaviour: ShowEntryPage (= preview is only shown after additional click), SkipEntryPage (= preview is shown directly) and Auto (= preview is shown directly only if stored locally).

However, once the preview pane is invisible the program logic always sets ShowEntryPage. That means that the lag must have another cause. Would you please help us to identify the error by sending us an activity log?
www.citavi.com/activitylogging - please follow part "A".

The crash you experienced stems from an issue in the PDF component that Citavi uses in the preview. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience.

Most issues around this matter have been fixed in the most recent beta version.

Please install the latest Citavi beta version (5.2.1). You can download the Setup at http://www.citavi.com/beta-download

All projects and setups will remain unaffected by the installation.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Re: Waste of computer cycles and PDF Full Screen Crash

Postby shenri » 2016-04-02 03:58

Dear Piotr,

Thank you very much for your instruction. The Full Screen PDF is a very welcome feature and in last beta version (5.2.2.0) is perfect, without crashes (until now). Bug corrected.

The first item occurred in past versions when the embedded Internet Explorer was loading with the panel closed. Unfortunately (or fortunately) I am not able to reproduce it anymore in the actual beta - Which now is perfect.

Thank you very much again.
All the best,
Sylvio
shenri

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)