This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

another minor bug in the note editor

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

another minor bug in the note editor

Postby mnaah » 2016-03-16 17:00

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.x Beta, Windows 10, English, Firefox 43 or newer, MS Office 2016, - ]

So, in taking notes on books I'm reading, I've come across another bug of minor annoyance: when you type a word, end with a colon, then space, then another word, and then you hit CTRL-Backspace to delete the word after the colon (as does happen in almost all other software), citavi deletes the colon and the word before it too.

For example, if I type

fideism: some

and then decide I don't want the word 'some' and hit CTRL-Backspace, it will delete it all.
mnaah

Re: another minor bug in the note editor

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-03-17 09:54

Dear mnaah,

Thanks for your post! Could you please let me know in which fields you've noticed this problem? I couldn't reproduce the error in the quotation window. Here only the last word was deleted after pressing Ctrl+Backspace. I am running the current developer version, though, so we may have fixed this already for the next beta version.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby mnaah » 2016-03-24 04:08

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for the follow up. I've just had a it of a play around. It happens the main text window of a quotation. What I have discovered, though, is that it only happens when the text in question is in a paragraph with a bullet note. (That is, the ctrl-backspace works as expected when the paragraph doesn't have a bullet point.)

I hope that helps.
mnaah

Postby Hans Siem Schweiger » 2016-03-24 08:06

Dear mnaah,

Thank you for your further inquiry! I've tested it with my current developer version and it is already fixed. We'll release this fix in the next update of Citavi 5 (5.3). However, that'll take at least another month.

Kind regards,
Hans
Hans Siem Schweiger
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)