This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Blurry text (Disabling display scaling doesn't help)

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Blurry text (Disabling display scaling doesn't help)

Postby bertoltbrecht » 2016-03-08 03:25

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.2, Windows 10, English, Firefox 43 or newer, MS Office 2016, Acrobat DC ]

Dear Citavi,

after days of frustrations, reinstalls and troubleshooting I will seek for advice here in the forums as I see absolutely no solution to my problem:

Configuration:
- 3200 x 1800 laptop screen
- Win10 (en), Citavi 5.2 (de)
- Asus Zenbook UX305FA

PROBLEM:
- Text is BLURRY in Citavi

Symptoms:
- (1) Selecting the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" checkbox has no effect on Citavi. Yes i logged out/restarted after checking the box
- (2) I uninstalled/reinstalled Citavi several times and noticed that ON FIRST RUN THE TEXT IS CRYSTAL CLEAR (I managed to get perfectly sized AND clear text once(maybe playing with Win10's scale setting, don't know) - but usually some of the text is TOO BIG while being crystal clear on first run)
- (3) when I start Citavi the second time, the text automatically reverts to it's blurry state (text size is correct at the same time), and stays like that no matter what I do, checking the checkbox from (1) has no effect.

Thanks in advance & thank you for reading all this
bertoltbrecht

Re: Blurry text (Disabling display scaling doesn't help)

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-03-08 09:33

Dear bertoltbrecht,

Thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear you've been having so much trouble with the text clarity in Citavi.

Could you please check the text size settings in Windows? Citavi only supports 100% and 125%, so this could be what's causing the problem.

If you're already using 100% or 125% as your text size setting, there might be a problem with a Citavi settings file. You could check this by closing Citavi, renaming the Settings folder (which you can find under Documents\Citavi 5), and then restarting Citavi. If everything looks normal, please send us the Settings folder as a zip file. To transfer the file, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the file to the issue, please put the address of this page in the message field.

If neither of these solutions help, please just let us know, and we'll gladly take a closer look in a live support session.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)