This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

future of citavi standalone after citavi web goes live Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

future of citavi standalone after citavi web goes live

Postby mnaah » 2016-02-12 17:56

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

This might be a little premature, and probably due to the fact that I don't know a lot about citavi web (I'll call it CW for short), but once it's released, I wanted to ask about the relationship between the two. I read that CW will be a subscription service--will this be a kind of optional extra on top of the standalone program? What are the plans for the standalone? Will CW replace the application? Will active development of the standalone still happen?
mnaah

Re: future of citavi standalone after citavi web goes live  Topic is solved

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-02-15 10:48

Hello, mnaah,

although the web version is currently still in pre-beta stage, it's a legitimate question. Citavi Web can either be used independently or on top of the standalone desktop version. That means, you'll be able to access cloud projects through Citavi Web and the desktop version. But nothing will stop you from creating local projects for local use with the desktop application.

Citavi Web will not replace Citavi for Windows and active development on the standalone desktop version will continue.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)