This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

One Project for all courses

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

One Project for all courses

Postby MPIII » 2016-02-05 06:20

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.2, Mac with Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2016, - ]

Hello,

I would like some guidance. What is the proper way to use Citavi regarding project creation?
I am taking two courses at the moment. I have set up two projects: 1) Course One, and 2) Course Two.

Eventually, I am going to be taking comprehensive exams and I will need to search across all my courses. If I continue to create multiple projects for each course, what is a good way I can search across multiple projects?

If my intentions are to be able to search across all courses, is it better for me to create just one project and use groups or categories to distinguish between courses or continue to create one project per course? What is the best approach for me to take with Citavi?

Is there a way to have one master reference list and then pick and choose journal articles I have already reviewed and commented on and add them to individual projects?

Thank you very much for your help.
MPIII

Re: One Project for all courses

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2016-02-05 11:24

Hello MPIII,

Thanks for your question! We have an FAQ for the two possible ways to do this at http://service.citavi.com/kb/a155/14011 ... jects.aspx

Citavi does not have a global project feature, unfortunately. Since this means that there is no way to search across multiple projects, I would suggest that you only work with one project and create a category or group for each course. If you use categories you can then create subcategories for specific papers or presentations. Journal articles you've reviewed and commented on can be added to multiple groups and categories.

Please just let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)