This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Indexing Pdfs and searchin within their content

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Indexing Pdfs and searchin within their content

Postby Hazem » 2015-11-15 00:40

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hello

Adding the feature of fully indexing pdf files to make their content searchable from within Citavi is definitely a feature that would transform the nature of the work accomplished using it. I read that a similar question has been asked about 7 months ago. But is it coming forth any time soon.

Thank you.
Hazem

Re: Indexing Pdfs and searchin within their content

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-11-16 09:55

Hello Hazem,

Thanks for your question! Right now, our main development priority is Citavi Web. Unfortunately, this means that other major features are on hold, including full-text search for all PDF files in a project. This is a frequently requested feature, however, so there's a good chance it might be added in a future version.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby al.schmid » 2015-12-01 07:40

Hi Jennifer,

Since I see that question surfacing repeatedly and know the problem well myself, I just wanted to point out the effective alternative for "multiple PDF search" through Adobe Acrobat (incl. Reader). The feature is called "advanced search"/"Erweiterte Suche" and can be called via the "Edit"/"Bearbeiten" menu or [Ctr]+[Shift]+[F].

Best regards,
Alex

P.S.: I'm looking forward to Citavi Web. I'm positive that if Citavi Web is developed and maintained with the same sense of detail and perfection, achieving the same high quality like the Desktop version, it's going to be a excellent. Keep it up.
al.schmid

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-12-01 17:24

Dear Alex,

Thanks very much for sharing that hint with us and other users! And many thanks as well for your kind words regarding Citavi and Citavi Web!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)