This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Problem recognizing Standard special characters in Romanian

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Problem recognizing Standard special characters in Romanian

Postby danilevici » 2018-02-17 10:21

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.7-5.7.1, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2016, Acrobat XI ]

Hi,
I have problems searching for words in Citavi 5.7.1 using standard language characters in romanian. It seems that searching in .PDF files in my language is not recognizing the new version of romanian charachters, but only if I search with Legacy characters.

See uploaded pictures.

Can this be fixed? I also mention that searching in Adobe PDF I don't have this problem!

Thanks in advanced!
Attachments
legacy.jpg
Legacy character
standard.jpg
Standard character
danilevici

Re: Problem recognizing Standard special characters in Roman

Postby Damien Reddy » 2018-02-19 14:43

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Kindly send us a copy of the PDF document in question. To transfer the file, please use our secure upload service
http://www.citavi.com/transfer

So that we can match the file to the issue, please include the URL of this topic in the message field of the upload form.

Kind regards,
Damien
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby danilevici » 2018-02-20 17:12

Damien Reddy wrote:Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Kindly send us a copy of the PDF document in question. To transfer the file, please use our secure upload service
http://www.citavi.com/transfer

So that we can match the file to the issue, please include the URL of this topic in the message field of the upload form.

Kind regards,
Damien

Hi, Damien!
Thanks a lot for your reply. I have sent the document and also a message!

Best to you!
danilevici

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2018-02-21 11:52

Hi,

the document you sent contains only legacy character:

000163 ţ LATIN SMALL LETTER T WITH CEDILLA

The PDF viewer in Citavi has a stricter search than Acrobat Reader. In Acrobat also the search string Miorita (without any diacritical mark) matches the word Mioriţa.

Best regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)