This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

DOI issue Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

DOI issue

Postby gm7410 » 2018-01-02 17:26

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.7, Windows 7, German, -, MS Office 2007, Acrobat DC ]

Hello together,

according to APA6, a journal article with a DOI should look like this in the end of the reference list: doi:10.1108/13598540610662095 (APA6 manual, page 198, example 1). Unfortunately, Citavi prints it like this in the reference list:

Therefore, please see also the screenshot in the attachment. How can I get rid of the "" and just have "doi:"? I would appreciate your help, because the last two hours I tried several ways to solve it, but I had no success.

Kind regards,
DOI issue.jpg

Re: DOI issue  Topic is solved

Postby Damien Reddy » 2018-01-03 14:23

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that the current APA guidelines (found on the official companion to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition), follow Crossref's guidelines for display of DOIs.

Their current recommended format indeed looks like this:

While older formats, such as doi:10.1108/13598540610662095, might still be accepted as correct, they are no longer officially recommended and will not be available by default in Citavi.

If you would still like to use the outdated format, you can modify the citation style to your liking. Select the document type Journal Article and edit the relevant components (screenshot). Double click the component and edit it (screenshot).

Kind regards,

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)