Integrate Drawboard in Citavi

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Integrate Drawboard in Citavi

Postby 1212 » 2016-08-11 16:06

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

I would love to see Drawboard integrated in Citavi. It could be just an add on or that Citavi will be able to recognize Drawboard's annotation system etc. I just want to be able to reuse Drawboard's annotations in Citavi and then in Word.

If you haven't checked yet Drawboard, do a quick google search and if you agree with me please vote here so that we can all together motivate both developers cooperate faster
https://drawboard.uservoice.com/forums/ ... -in-citavi

Best Regards

Re: Integrate Drawboard in Citavi

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2016-08-12 15:27

Hi 1212,

Thanks for your suggestion!

At the moment we're not actively developing anything in this direction since our main focus is currently the upcoming web version. However, I agree that the suggested function could be immensely useful and I've added it to our internal wish list for our developers. I can't say, however, if or when we'll be able to integrate this feature.

Best regards
Sebastian

Wurde Ihre Frage vollständig beantwortet? Bitte klicken Sie auf das grüne Häkchen (= Antwort akzeptieren) oben rechts in meiner Antwort. Andere Forenbenutzer können sich dann leichter orientieren, wenn sie auf der Suche nach einer Lösung sind.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Postby 1212 » 2017-12-02 12:43

Hello again,

do you think that you could add this function to Citavi now?
Except from Drawboard, Pdf Annotator is another application with great annotation capabilities. So you could add this kind of functionality to Citavi for one or both of these applications.

One way to autocharacterize/recognize the annotations made in these applications, is to let us customize in Citavi different kind of notes(tags and direct quotes) depending on strike and underline color. Indirect quotes and additional notes, can be the notes kept at the side of the Pdf in draw board. In this caes the tags can be specified, as "the words written after a special character like ":" ."

Thank you for considering our needs

Postby jay-squared » 2017-12-04 13:15

I love the idea in principle: However, while highlights created in external editors are already currently visible in Citavi in principle, the problem is that in my experience, Citavi’s PDF component is extremely unreliable in (1) recognising text layout itself, (2) flat out refuses to properly import a vast number of correctly created annotations from other programs. In essence, Citavi’s PDF component can handle PDFs created directly from a document file with an extremely simple layout. Anything that is OCR'd or has complex layout elements such as margin texts or slightly too high footnotes will break the annotation within Citavi and the import of external annotations. So until that is fixed, there is no need for the added convenience of mapping colours to quotation types. You spend a lot of time fixing up external annotations one way or another.

Indirect quotes […] can be the notes kept at the side of the Pdf in draw board

That can't really work because indirect quotations created in Citavi still link to specific text in the PDF.
jay-squared
Citavi Expert

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-12-04 14:11

Hello 1212,

Thank you for your follow-up!

New features can unfortunately not be added immediately. As previously stated, your suggestion has indeed been passed on to our developers and any decision on whether this feature can be developed or actual development on it will not be possible in the near future.

Kind regards.
Damien
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)