importing to Microsoft thesis 2013 from Citavi

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

importing to Microsoft thesis 2013 from Citavi

Postby arun2017 » 2017-08-11 09:37

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.6, Windows 10, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2007, - ]

Hi,

Initially i was using Microsoft office 2007 for writing my thesis and citavi was "Add-Ins". Now my university has instructed us to write in Microsoft Thesis 2013. However , Citavi added as "Add-Ins" and no references(Bibliography) appeared at the end.I found out that into the Master list of thesis it is accepting only "xml files".Could you please suggest some solutions.

Arun Manmadhan
arun2017

Re: importing to Microsoft thesis 2013 from Citavi

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-08-11 16:20

Dear Arun,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Citavi should automatically create a bibliography in the citation style of your choice. Please see our guide on creating a publication:

https://www.citavi.com/sub/manual5/en/i ... _word.html

If you were previously using the Word Add-In in an earlier version of Word, you'll need to uninstall and reinstall the Add-In after upgrading your version of Office. Please follow these steps:

1.In Windows, switch to the Control panel.
    2.Click Programs and Features.
    3.Select Citavi 5.
    4.Click Change. The Citavi 5 Setup starts.
    5.Click Next.
    6.Select Modify and then click Next.
    7.Click the disk hard drive icon next to Word Add-In. Select This feature will not be available. Click Next and continue through the Setup.
    8.Repeat steps 4-7. In step seven select This feature will be installed on local hard drive.

Additional information can be found in the Citavi manual.

We have also compiled a comprehensive list of causes and workarounds for you to access if Citavi's Word Add-In should not be visible:

https://service.citavi.com/kb/a639/3101 ... -here.aspx

Regarding the "xml files", I would kindly ask you to explain your problem in more detail.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)