Capitalizing the Abbreviated Organization Name Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 5? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Capitalizing the Abbreviated Organization Name

Postby henry.chan » 2017-04-19 12:48

System information: [ Citavi Version 5.4, Windows 10, Other language, Google Chrome, MS Office 2016, - ]

Dear Citavi team,

Hi,
So far, I am a little bit upset with the problem of the abbreviation name of the Organization.

z.B., I typed the capital "FAO" in "organization" of a specific reference, it just showed "fao" in the text without capitalization.

And when I try to type the full name of "Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations" in the reference, then clicked to the "lists ->Persons and Organizations" and change the "Abbreviation" with "FAO". And something funny happened, like "Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) 2015" showing in the text.

But actually what I need is just the "(FAO 2015)", so what should I suppose to do? As what i am doing now is just to capitalize the abbreviated organization name in the word text by typing after citation, which is a little bit silly and nonsense to me.

After that I tried "FAO," in the "organization" name, which works but not that well, it showed like (FAO, 2015) in the text, So now I just need to delete the "," XD.

I bet, there should be a better solution, isn`t it? :)

Best regards
henry.chan

Re: Capitalizing the Abbreviated Organization Name  Topic is solved

Postby Jana Votteler » 2017-04-19 14:21

Dear henry.chan,

thank you very much for your message.

Please note:
All manual changes you make to a field inserted with the Citavi Add-In will be overwritten.
The same applies to all other fields you use in Word, like your table of contents.

Your selected citation style determines whether abbreviations are used in your references or not.

You already entered the abbreviation of the organization under Lists > Persons and Organization.
Now, your styles wants both details to be displayed in the text: the full name and the abbreviation.

To change this, you will have to edit your citation style.

I show you how to do this for the Citavi Default Style in this video (no sound).
Please save the changes you make to your style and also select it in your Word document.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Capitalizing the Abbreviated Organization Name

Postby henry.chan » 2017-04-19 16:12

Jana Votteler wrote:Dear henry.chan,

thank you very much for your message.

Please note:
All manual changes you make to a field inserted with the Citavi Add-In will be overwritten.
The same applies to all other fields you use in Word, like your table of contents.

Your selected citation style determines whether abbreviations are used in your references or not.

You already entered the abbreviation of the organization under Lists > Persons and Organization.
Now, your styles wants both details to be displayed in the text: the full name and the abbreviation.

To change this, you will have to edit your citation style.

I show you how to do this for the Citavi Default Style in this video (no sound).
Please save the changes you make to your style and also select it in your Word document.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.

Hi Jana,
It is very helpful. Thanks a lot!! XD XD XD
henry.chan

Return to Citavi 5 Support (English)