This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Keying-in Korean problem in 3.4.1

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

Keying-in Korean problem in 3.4.1

Postby skyblueink » 2013-04-06 12:25

Thank you for the new beta of Citavi 3.
Previously I reported a bug about typing Korean in Citavi 3.4.0, and days ago received a kind e-mail from Citavi service notifying me that the bug was due to the underlying Windows RichTextBox, and possibly has been fixed in Citavi 4 beta. Indeed, for Korean speakers, great progress has been made in Citavi 4. Now we can key in Korean CONTINUOUSLY without adding ESC to each character. But threre seemed to be some remaining bugs on keying in the last character of a word.
When it comes to Citavi 3.4.1, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I can also type in Korean continuously as I did in Citavi 4 beta. But the same bugs seem to linger on in Citavi 3.4.1. Please check out the attached image.
Thanks!
Attachments
example.png
skyblueink

Re: Keying-in Korean problem in 3.4.1

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-12 08:54

Please excuse the delay. My colleague is able to reproduce the problem. We are trying to fix the bug as soon as possible. Your help was very much appreciated. I will keep you informed abount any progress.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby skyblueink » 2013-04-12 13:36

Thank you for your efforts.
I was relieved to hear that you reproduced the bug. I guess you're using Microsoft Korean IME to reproduce and fix the bug, and attach the citavi data file I prepared to demonstrate the bug. Hope the file will help you.
Attachments
example 2013-04-06 19-48-47.zip
(9.67 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
skyblueink

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-15 16:21

Hello

We have decided that we fix this problem only in Citavi 4. Since you ordered Citavi 3 after 31/1/2013 you will get a free upgrade to Citavi 4. I kindly ask you for your patience; Citavi 4 will be released in a few weeks.

Kind regards and my best peace wishes to Korea,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby skyblueink » 2013-04-16 01:16

Many thanks for Citavi team's support of Korean language! I didn't expected such a quick response from you.
In spite of some minor problems, I'm finding Citavi 3.4.1 very useful to my writing process. That's why I purchased it.
Previously I reported what the bug was like, but did'nt specificly report where the bugs take place. The attached file will report it.
Attachments
The test of Keying Korean into each field of Citavi 4001.png
skyblueink

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-04-18 11:14

안녕하세요, skyblueing and all other users of Citavi interested in using Hangul characters!

I am happy to inform you that all problems with fields reported with a x have been resolved.
The issue with the fields with a triangle cannot be fixed, I am afraid.

Still, I hope that Citavi 4 (above 3.9.33.0) is now ready for 한글. We are not going to fix Citavi 3, though.
If you should happen to find any other problems, please let us know.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Preview and Beta Versions