This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi 4 beta - Word add-in

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

Re: Citavi 4 beta - Word add-in

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-22 10:07

Hello Alex

Sorry for all the problems you are experiencing. The error message tells us, that the Citavi-Word-template (CitaviWordAddIn.dot) has been activated two times. (Maybe an older preview-version of Citavi 4 hasn't be uninstalled properly?).

Please uninstall all Citavi 4 preview and beta versions on your PC. Download a fresh Citavi 4 beta setup and re-install Citavi 4. We will release a new Beta tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-23 08:21

It is impossible to uninstall the program - Windows report an error. But I deleted the .dot file from start-up of Word and all of the temporary files in the start-up map, and rewrote again the .dot file - and all are working fine. Thank you very much - it works great.
DrAlex

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-26 18:42

1. I do any changes in the references (in the author's name, title, etc.), the button "reload project" and then refresh - do not make any changes. Must restart Word for it - only then records are updated.

2. Can you put a hotkey to "reload project" and, may be, make the synchronization automatically for the "refresh" command?

3. When I insert a quote, and then discover that it is not tied to the correct books, I resolve it, but in the Word these changes is not happening.

I quess, that I know problem. May be add ID for quotes also?
DrAlex

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-04-30 18:14

Hello Alex,

did you uninstall all previous versions and install the final release Citavi 4.0
I guess that some of your problems are caused by a corrupt installation.

However, let's look at your questions:

1. and 2. Where do you change the references? In Citavi? There is no need to reload the project or to refresh, any changes in Citavi are transferred to the Word-Add-In immediately.

3. How do you resolve it when you discover that it is tied to the wrong book? Do you insert the quotation followed by the citation field, and then you realize it has been assigned to the wrong title in Citavi, so you delete the citation field behind the quotation and insert a new citation from the WAI instead? That would work fine. Or do you copy the text of the quotation in Citavi and insert it in a new quotation with a different title? In this case this change is not reflected, because the Word Add-In and Citavi use internal codes to keep track of the titles, similar to the placeholders, but very, very long.

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-30 19:09

1-2. It was in the beta version of the previous one. I checked now - it's just wonderful! In this mode does not work even EndNote. Very nice job.

3.Yes, I deleted quatation, and inserted from the corect book. But it's easy when one mistake - when a lot of quotes, then it is difficult to Word - then it becomes a big problem.

This error generally occurs, when is used tight picker, and if was selected the wrong book, and did not see it, then all the quotes are go in the wrong book.
DrAlex

Postby DrAlex » 2013-04-30 19:26

Request:

1. In the tab knowledge: in the quick search - found the right keyword or category - choose - then clear the filter - after it the cursor is not remain on the selected. I would like to use the quick search to quickly jump to the desired keyword or category, so then view all the quotes that apply to them.

2. How, to view all the quotes of thу some reference? (Word add-in).
DrAlex

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-05-02 17:23

Hello Alex,
thank your for your suggestions. At the moment, it is not possible to search for catogories or keywords.
I have informed our programmer about the bug with the selection.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Previous

Return to Preview and Beta Versions