This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Picker not available

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

Picker not available

Postby suku » 2013-03-26 12:48

Hi,

I've installed the latest Beta version 4 and don't see the Picker neither in Google Chrome nor in the Firefox. Could you please let me know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Sebastian
suku

Re: Picker not available

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-03-26 16:30

Hi Sebastian,

Could you please try installing Citavi again? When you reinstall Citavi, the current installation will be repaired. Make sure to choose the option Custom Installation and then activate the Pickers you want to install.

If that doesn't solve the problem, please just let us know!

Best regards,
Jenny
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby cyberace » 2013-04-18 04:30

Hi,

I am experiencing the same problem. The Picker for Chrome is not available even after a repair installation.

I tried to drag and drop the plugin "ChromePicker.crx" into Chrome, with no lucky. The browser popped a message telling that the package is invalid. The detailed error message is "X:\Users\My Account Name\AppData\Local\Temp\scoped_dir_4284_21450\CRX_INSTALL\_localse\pl\messages.json: Line 14, column: 40, Syntax error".

By the way, I'm using Windows 8 STD (Chinese Version), Chrome 26.0.1410.64.

Looking forward to the solution.

Thanks,
Cyberace
cyberace

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-18 07:17

Hello Cyberace :-)

Thanks for reporting the problem. We have identified the underlying reason for this behavior and will release this week an update.

Meanwhile I kindly ask you for additional information:
  • Have you once un-installed the Chrome Picker in one of our Preview (not Beta)-versions?
  • Could you please send us the "C:\ProgramData\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi4SetupLog_3.9.30.0.txt" as attachment to an email addressed at service@citavi.com?

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby cyberace » 2013-04-18 09:54

Hello Peter,

The answer to question 1 is no.
The file you aksed was sent. Hope it will help.
However, I am sorry that I forgot to fill the subject line of the email. Hope it would not be filtered by your anti-spam system.

Kind regards,
Cyberace
cyberace

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-18 11:29

Hello Cyberace,

Thanks for your help; I have forwarded your email to my colleague.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-19 13:14

Hello Cyberace,

could you please install the update which we have released today? Is the Picker problem now solved?

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby cyberace » 2013-04-23 06:13

Hi Peter,

I installed the newest update (3.9.35.0) and the Picker for Chrome works now. The problem is solved.

Thanks,
Cyberace
cyberace

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-04-23 07:57

Thank you for the feedback!

Have a nice day,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-06-10 14:53

Hi. I have a similar problem, so I am writing here - I set the update 4.1.0.3 and after it, disappeared picker for IE. I tried to fix it, to reinstall (I downloaded version from the website), but in the list of add-ons does not appear picker for IE.
DrAlex

Next

Return to Preview and Beta Versions