This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi 4 Beta mapping

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

Citavi 4 Beta mapping

Postby pharaoh » 2013-03-25 05:22

Dear Citavi,
I come to write to you as I have created a Citavi export style, which I have used since Citavi 3 and I was using with Citavi Preview 3.
The export format is for Biblatex and my forthcoming book. As I have done previously, I have copied and pasted the export file in Documents/Citavi 4/Settings/Mappings, as other files are already there. But when I click export, add export format, such a style is not visible, and it seems only the online export style are visible. I have created a new export style with Citavi 4 Beta, and even that one results not visible as I search it through the export menu.
I believe that Citavi 4 Beta should also see the export mappings installed in the computer, but in this situation I am not able to make it work.

Any help appreciated.

Roberto Gozzoli
pharaoh

Re: Citavi 4 Beta mapping

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-03-26 10:55

Hello Robert,

you have to restart Citavi to see export definitions that you add via the windows explorer while Citavi is running.

Does that help?

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby pharaoh » 2013-03-27 07:15

Dear Patrick,
no, restarting Citavi does not help for that. I have tried it only on my office machine, but I will try with my other computers too. I am now trying whether uninstalling and then installing again may improve the situation. Still related to Citavi 4 Beta, I have seen that there was an update (3.9.015 f I remember well). In my computer, the update did not go well too.
Again, I will see whether it s a problem specific to my office computer or it is more general than that.

Roberto
pharaoh

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-03-27 18:16

Hello Roberto,

the Beta is now 3.9.18 (there was an issue with the installation on Vista which did not always go well). You can get it here: http://www.citavi.com/en/download-beta.html

We will get this sorted out.
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby pharaoh » 2013-03-28 04:04

Dear Patrick,
I thank you for the reply and the news about the update. Yes, the export filter appears in my laptop, as it was originally created there, but not in the office computer. I have exported the configuration of my laptop with export setting in Citavi 4 beta, but it still does not work with the Office computer.
While I am using my laptop at the moment for most of the job, in this case, I need the problem to be sort out quite soon. It would be possibly helpful if anyone else of the forum using personally created export filters can confirm my problem.

Regards,

Roberto
pharaoh

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-03-28 06:31

Hello Roberto,

would you please send us your export file?
To transfer the file, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the files to the issue, please put the address of this page in the message field.

Thank you!
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby pharaoh » 2013-03-28 09:18

Dear Patrick,
the file has just been sent.

Roberto
pharaoh

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-03-28 18:24

Hello everybody,

there was a bug in Citavi 4 Beta (3.9.18.0) which concerned the visibility of export filters. It has been fixed in the next Beta scheduled for next week.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Preview and Beta Versions