This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

From Citavi 4 preview 2 to Citavi 3

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

From Citavi 4 preview 2 to Citavi 3

Postby pharaoh » 2013-01-25 04:44

I would like to import back a file from Citavi 4 to Citavi 3. I kjnow that I can use RIS format and doing the job, but this would mean losing the citations linked to the bibliographic data, if I am correct about it.
As far as I see I cannot export the original Citavi 4 file back to Citavi 3.

Any correction or help about it will be appreciated.

Roberto Gozzoli
pharaoh

Re: From Citavi 4 preview 2 to Citavi 3

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-01-25 10:14

Buongiorno Roberto,

Unfortunately it is not possible to convert a database from the Citavi 4 format back to Citavi 3.

Would you mind telling my why you want to go back? Is it the new Italian version in Citavi 3? You will also find it in Citavi 4 Preview 3, but I cannot tell you yet when it will be released.

Regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Re: From Citavi 4 preview 2 to Citavi 3

Postby pharaoh » 2013-01-25 11:43

I have created a new citation style, but it gives me problems, I sent the report to citavi bug yesterday. This is in Citavi 4. The Chrome picker seems it is not working in Citavi 4, and the fact that I have to manually format the bibliography as the citation I had created did not stick with MS Word has let me think about downgrading. But I understand that it is better and I stick with version 4/2 and wait for preview 3.
pharaoh

Return to Preview and Beta Versions