This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Importing from Zotero

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

Re: Importing from Zotero

Postby Arthur » 2012-01-17 18:41

Hello, I try to import from Zotero to Citavi and I continue losing the abstracts by ex- and importing ris or bibtex. I tried the way Lucas was proposing some time ago - but it did not work. Maybe Lucas' suggestion is outdated (from 2010)..? Anyone who can help me exporting from Zotero to Citavi? Thanks!
Arthur

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2012-01-18 12:19

Hi Arthur,

Thanks very much for letting us know about this problem. Unfortunately, we weren't able to reproduce it on our end. Could you please send us the BibTeX file so we can see what might be going on? To transfer the file, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the file to the issue, please put the address of this page in the subject of the message.

Thank you!

Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Arthur » 2012-01-31 18:40

Dear Jennifer,
thank you for your support. I just send you the Zotero file (I could not use the secure upload - it might be our firewall or so). I discovered that the following: while exporting from Zotero, always two items are produced: one BibTex document and one file. But this file is always empty. Does this mean anything?
Thank you, Arthur
Arthur

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2012-02-01 14:17

Hi Arthur,

Thanks so much for sending the file! Our developer had a chance to take a look at it and thinks he has found the problem. Zotero does not appear to have a field for abstracts, just a field for notes. Currently, information in this field is correctly imported into the Notes field in Citavi. To display this field, on the Reference tab, click More fields and select the checkbox for the Notes field.

Does this help? We would consider changing our import filter so that the contents of the Notes field in Zotero are imported into the Absract field in Citavi if this is the standard field for abstracts in Zotero.

Thanks!

Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Previous

Return to Preview and Beta Versions