mobile use

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

mobile use

Postby slaterish » 2017-10-09 08:23

Just to be clear: there is no mobile app and there is also no way to view/download files in a cloud project within a browser - that's correct?

In which case - 1. if I create a local copy of the cloud project, will it automatically update so that I know what I am looking at and working on there is up to date (and that I can access pdfs that I put in cloud project while I am on the move)?
2. If it does not, where do i find the back up version - presumable somewhere in app data - that Citavi uses when I am offline? The ones in project cache, under local/swiss academic only contain pdfs that were opened in the cloud project and not the full project

The issue is pretty straightforward - I need to be able to access a full offline version of the proejct - that I know confidently to be up to date - while offline. I realise there won't be a mobile app for some time if ever, and can live with that, but still need complete local copy.

best

don
slaterish

Re: mobile use

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2017-10-09 13:48

Hi Don,

yes, that's correct. We're working on the web app and are considering a mobile app, but I can't give you a release date for either.

With Citavi 6 you'll be able to work offline with cloud projects (with a few minor limitations) and the PDFs can be cached on your local hard drive so they're available when you're offline.

Once you go online the changes are synchronized.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Postby carloscadu » 2018-01-16 11:16

Sebastian Pabel wrote:
With Citavi 6 you'll be able to work offline with cloud projects (with a few minor limitations)...

Hi Sebastian,

Could you please clarify which are the "few minor limitations" when working offline with cloud projects?

Thanks for info!
Carlos
carloscadu

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2018-01-16 11:30

Hi, Carlos

The limitations are listed here in the Citavi 6 manual.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Preview and Beta Versions