This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Change Login Option

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

Change Login Option

Postby JohnT » 2017-10-06 23:18

When I first installed Citavi 6 on my laptop, it gave me the option to save my login, or to select logging in each time for security when on a public wifi. I chose the automatic login option because I'll be using it at home. However, next week I will be on the road and I will need the security login option. How do I switch back to change my login option? I can't find the screen to select the security option again.
JohnT

Re: Change Login Option

Postby Sonja_Schwab » 2017-10-07 06:39

Hi John,

if you don't want to be automatically logged in, you simply have to log out. That you can do on your Citavi 6 start window:
Login_C6.jpg

When you have done that, the next time you start Citavi you will get the log in screen again and you can change your settings after you completed login.
However I think that there is a misunderstanding. The 'Don't save password' option is not meant for public wifi but for public computers (i.e. a computer in an internet cafe, somebody else will use after you). If you are bringing along your own laptop and just use a public wifi, it doesn't make a difference if you have your login stored on your laptop or not. Unless you prefer not to log in at all to your Citavi account while you are in a public wifi.

Kind regards
Sonja
Sonja_Schwab
Citavi Expert

Re: Change Login Option

Postby JohnT » 2017-10-07 12:08

Thanks for clearing that up for me.
JohnT
JohnT

Return to Preview and Beta Versions