Project could not be saved error

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

Project could not be saved error

Postby JohnT » 2017-09-26 16:43

For several days now when working with 6 I get the "Project could not be saved error." This is very frustrating, as It suggest that I don't shut down the protect until it's fixed, and yet it doesn't tell me why it's not saving. Following is the status report...

CITAVI
Citavi Build Number: 5.8.5.0
Citavi Licence: Citavi 6 for Windows - Business
Support Code: 585-100-PHC73-6S

DEFAULT WORD PROCESSOR
Default Word Processor: None
Word Version: 16.0.8431.2079

WAI
Word Add-In Version: 5.8.5.0

BROWSER
Firefox Version: 55.0.3
Internet Explorer Version: 11.00.15063.0

CITAVI FOLDERS
User Files Folder: C:\Users\johnd\OneDrive\Documents\Citavi 6
Backup Folder: C:\Users\johnd\OneDrive\Documents\Citavi 6\Backup

CITAVI INTERNET CONNECTIVITY
Proxy: CustomProxy
Http 1.0: True
Webservice Check: True

CITAVI CURRENT PROJECT
Path: gonhk52o2ih6yj0q65clsgliuxfnmcoycr0hxtb163
Attachments Folder (Project Setting): C:\Users\johnd\AppData\Local\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\ProjectCache\gonhk52o2ih6yj0q65clsgliuxfnmcoycr0hxtb163\Citavi Attachments
Attachments Folder (Resolved): C:\Users\johnd\AppData\Local\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\ProjectCache\gonhk52o2ih6yj0q65clsgliuxfnmcoycr0hxtb163\Citavi Attachments
Covers Folder (Resolved): C:\Users\johnd\AppData\Local\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi 6\ProjectCache\gonhk52o2ih6yj0q65clsgliuxfnmcoycr0hxtb163\Citavi Attachments\Covers
Titles: 48
Keywords: 89
Categories: 51

SYSTEM
Windows Version: Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.15063.0
OS Language: en-US
Windows SID: S-1-5-21-1483764518-1442888998-1816068930-1001
JohnT

Re: Project could not be saved error

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-09-28 14:26

Dear John,

Thank you for your error report.

There have indeed been bugs that prevented storing projects in the cloud. However, today’s release of the second beta of Citavi 6 comes with many improvements and we have been able to eliminate all known bugs related to this issue.

Should you experience any more problems, we kindly ask you to send us the Operation-ID and Session-ID displayed in the error message.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby slaterish » 2017-10-01 15:17

There must be some more bugs - I'm using beta 2 and get the same error - C407 The project could not be saved.

I'vve now tried several times - either converting a C5 project and loading it to cloud; or first making it a local project in C6 then loading to cloud. I get the same results (plus a huge number of 'attachment not found' error messages).

Am about to give up - the only point to C6 is ability to share cloud based projects and sync from offline local copies to online shared version so this is disappointing.

don
slaterish

Postby JohnT » 2017-10-02 09:45

I have been using Citavi locally since I lost data. Today I tryed to upload to the cloud again and had the same problem with saving to the cloud that I had before. C407 The project could not be saved. 2017-10-02 03:45:19 Project (Spiritual Anthropology)
John T
JohnT

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-10-02 15:44

Dear John, Dear Don,

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Citavi 6 is still in beta and there are still a couple kinks that need to be worked out.

We have had another case today of a project failing to upload and we are still trying to locate the source of the error. We kindly ask you to stay further uploads until the next beta version is released. You would help us a great deal if you could send us the Citavi 5 projects (incl. attachments) in question. To do so, please zip the project folder and send it to us via http://www.citavi.com/transfer (max. 2GB). All data will be deleted after we scan it for errors.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby slaterish » 2017-10-02 23:07

Hi Damien:
I've uploaded a zip. however, as the project is about 4.5gb with attachments, I had to leave out a lot of files in order to make the zip under 2GB. Hopefully those were not the files causing problems...

BTW I just successfully uploaded a different project to the cloud so the problem must be with the project.

don
slaterish

Postby Peter Meurer » 2017-10-03 07:49

Hello Don

Thank you so much! My colleagues are already inspecting the problem.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby JohnT » 2017-10-03 14:44

Just a thought. I noticed that Windows 10 had accepted a lot of illegal filenames within the files that I use with Citavi. Such as, the ©, a Comma, and so forth. Is it possible that some of these characters are not acceptable on the server? Just a thought.
John T
JohnT

Postby Peter Meurer » 2017-10-03 15:08

Hello John

My colleague has found today the root cause, but surprisingly the attachments were not involved!

We will publish a new beta on Thursday - I'm quite confident that this version will manage your projects as expected.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby slaterish » 2017-10-03 20:21

thanks - that's good news.

don
slaterish

Next

Return to Preview and Beta Versions