questions about Citavi 6 beta before downloading

Download and discuss pre-release versions of Citavi.

questions about Citavi 6 beta before downloading

Postby mnaah » 2017-09-20 03:54

Hi there,

I've been a fan of Citavi for a few years now, use it daily in my work, and generally fly its flag down-under where most people have never heard of it. :) I was excited to see the announcement of the beta for Citavi 6, but I have a few questions. I think it would be good for possible users to have more info on these before road-testing the new beta:
- previously, it has been said that CitaviWeb will have a monthly/yearly subscription fee—will the same be true for saving projects in the cloud?
- what will the cost for upgrade be from Citavi 5?
- will there be any incentive for testing the beta other than using new software before its general release?

many thanks,
dan
mnaah

Re: questions about Citavi 6 beta before downloading

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-09-20 15:24

Hi Dan,

Thank you for supporting Citavi!

We are currently not planning a subscription model for Citavi 6. As such, there are no plans for a monthly or yearly fee. Upgrading from Citavi 5 to Citavi 6 will net you a discount of 50%, unless you bought Citavi within the last three months - in which case the upgrade is free. Upgrading from Citavi 4 to Citavi 6 will be discounted by 25%. A new major version of Citavi is released every 18-24 months.

Unfortunately, we cannot offer additional incentives for testing the beta version.

Kind regards,
Damien

Did we answer your question to your satisfaction? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find solutions to their questions.
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Postby cfgcuenca » 2017-10-11 03:46

Hi there, I'm in the process of choosing a reference manager for a 2-year project and was very excited to try Civati. I just found out about the Civati 6 beta version. Would you suggest that I begin working with Civati 6, so I would spare myself a second learning curve and yes! it uses cloud storage, or rather with Civati 5 to avoid risks? Best
cfgcuenca

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-10-11 17:39

Hi,

Thank you for your inquiry.

As with all beta software, there might still be a few bugs, albeit minor ones. However, we would indeed recommend that you do not start using Citavi 5, as the final release of Citavi 6 is very near.

Kind regards,
Damien
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Preview and Beta Versions