This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Word Add-In disappeared

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Word Add-In disappeared

Postby je1188 » 2013-05-16 16:10

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.0, -, English, Firefox 8.x - 21.x, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

Hi,

I have been using the Word Add-In for Citavi 4 with no problems until I opened a word document that was not created by me, but by someone who is not a user of Citavi. Since then, none of my word documents (old or new) identify the add-in. How can I re-install the add in? How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks,

Sari
je1188

Re: Word Add-In disappeared

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-05-17 08:56

Hi Sari,

Thanks so much for your error message! We haven't heard of a problem like this before. Could you possibly send us the Word document that caused the problem (after asking your colleague, of course!). We would only use it for testing and would delete it right afterwards. If you are able to send us the file, please use the following upload site:
http://www.citavi.com/transfer

To reinstall the Word Add-In you need to use the Citavi Setup. Close Word and switch to the Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Citavi 4 > Change > Modify. In the dropdown menu next to Word Add-In, select select This feature will not be available and continue the installation. This uninstalls the Word Add-In.

To reinstall the Word Add-In, click Control Panel > Uninstall a Program > Citavi 4 > Change > Modify. In the dropdown menu next to Word Add-In, select This feature will be installed on local hard drive and continue the installation.

Please let us know if you're still having trouble after reinstalling the Word Add-In!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2013-05-20 16:06

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for you reply. I have transferred the Word document as you suggested.

Unfortunately, even after uninstalling and installing the Word Add-In through the control panel (and restarting the computer twice in the process) word does not recognize the Add-In any more. Should I try uninstalling Citavi 4 overall and re-installing it?

After getting used to the Word Add-In it is hard to go back.
Thanks,
Sari
je1188

Postby je1188 » 2013-05-25 18:01

Hi,

I was wondering if you have any suggestions regarding my question: even after uninstalling and installing the Word Add-In through the control panel (and restarting the computer twice in the process) word does not recognize the Add-In any more. Should I try uninstalling Citavi 4 overall and re-installing it?

Thanks,

Sari
je1188

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-05-27 13:22

Hi Sari,

I am awfully sorry, your message was overlooked!

Would you please install our latest beta version? You can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6808

Our apologies!
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2013-06-02 16:24

Thanks, Patrick.

It is working now. It seems I had deactivated the Add-In in word when I uninstalled it from the control panel. I re-activated it through file--> options in word.

Sari
je1188

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-06-03 09:02

Hi Sari,

Thanks for letting us know that you were able to solve the problem. We're glad to hear that the Add-In is now working again as it should.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby academic 12 » 2015-03-18 21:33

Nearly two years after the last post on this, I had the same problem in Word 2013. Here is what worked for me: In the ribbon (or menu) at the top of the MS Word page, right click. Click on "customize the ribbon." In the left column, click on "Add-Ins." In that list, Citavi should appear. Highlight that and go to the bottom of the box where it says "Manage." In the drop-down box, click on "Word Add-ins." Click Go and OK.

Close Word and reopen. The Citivi menu item should be in the ribbon.
academic 12

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-03-20 13:22

Hi, academic 12,

thank you for sharing this solution. We suggest the following way for re-activating the Add-In if Word disables it: http://service.citavi.com/KB/a649/31011 ... -word.aspx

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby sunpascal » 2015-04-14 08:52

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem with Citavi 4, Word 2013 on Windows 8.1.
The solution above does not work, because the Citavi Plug-in does not appear in the list of Word Add-ins, neither under COM Add-ins nor under Disabled Add-ins.

I have reinstalled ("repair") as well as uninstalled the Citavi completly and also reinstalled only the Word Add-In, without success.

What could be the reason why the citavi tab still does not appear in the Word ribbon?

Thanks in advance
Pascal

Sebastian Pabel wrote:Hi, academic 12,

thank you for sharing this solution. We suggest the following way for re-activating the Add-In if Word disables it: http://service.citavi.com/KB/a649/31011 ... -word.aspx

Best regards
Sebastian

sunpascal

Next

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)