This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi in MS Word 2013 works very slow

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citavi in MS Word 2013 works very slow

Postby Dio » 2017-04-04 13:15

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.5, Windows 7, English, Google Chrome, MS Office 2013/365 32Bit, Acrobat X ]

When I insert an Inline-citation from Citavi panel in MS Word, it will be inserted after about 10 seconds.

Can any one tell me, why it is so slow.
Dio

Re: Citavi in MS Word 2013 works very slow

Postby Dio » 2017-04-04 16:36

I found that, the problem is APA style. When I use Citavi base style, it works normal.

For now I am using the Citavi base style, and at the end I will switch back to APA.

I am still interested to know why APA style is too slow.
Dio

Postby Susanne Sitzler » 2017-04-04 16:53

Hi Dio,

thanks for your questions.

Some styles use complex relations that depend on the presence of the same or other titles before and after the inserted title. In order to reproduce these relations, every reference has to be checked and the appropriate value calculated. This can indeed slow down Word.

You can turn off the immediate application of the style to circumvent this problem: Click on Options in the Citavi ribbon in Word, then clear the "Apply citation style formatting automatically" checkbox.

To apply changes in your document, you have to click on Refresh in the Citavi ribbon.

Would you please install the update to Citavi 4.6? You can find the Setup for Citavi 4.6 at http://www.citavi.com/download under "Special Installations". Double-click the Citavi4Setup.exe file to start the installation. Your Citavi projects, license key, and settings will not be affected by the update.

Best regards
Susanne

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Susanne Sitzler
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Dio » 2017-04-04 18:07

Thank you Susanne for your reply.

I cleared the "Apply citation style formatting automatically" checkbox. It still works slowly with the APA style.

However, thanks for your suggestion. Maybe I have to update my citavi, but after my submission. :)
Dio

Postby Susanne Sitzler » 2017-04-05 10:53

Hi Dio,

thank you for your reply.

Since we always fix bugs with every new version, the installation of the updates is strongly recommended.

Best regards
Susanne

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Susanne Sitzler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)